Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Soaked


 












Hope you all had a great (holiday) weekend! We spent the weekend at an out of town soccer tournament. It rained through most of the games which would have been ok if we didn't have 2 young boys. They are puddle magnets and ended up covered in mud and sludge. But our team won our division, so it was worth it. And we had fun! We spent the Monday off at home. Equally nice.

I mentioned last week that I am participating in Camp Loopy. I was assigned to Glamper #3 which is turquoise and awesome! This is my first time doing this challenge and I am only looking at it as such. I will not have any guilt if I don't finish. I am only using this and Stash Dash as motivation to get stuff done. The June project is to make something of at least 400 yards that reminds you of your favorite TV show, movie, or book. I have had the Water for Elephants socks in my queue for quite a while and I plan for them to be Christmas sock for my best friend who LOVES elephants. I am going to use The Loopy Ewe's Solid Series in Cranberry and Butter. I tried to match the project picture colors since they are so lovely together. I should have no problem getting these done in June. It is all my other monthly goals that could become a problem.

I also want to participate in the Stockinette Zombies' Summer Tops KAL which is also due by the end of June. I want to do a Tink Tank by Megan Williams. And I'll be using yarn that I got on sale from Webs a couple weeks ago. It's SMC Extra Soft Merino Cotton and I'll be doing it in the Silver colorway.


Less than a week into Stash Dash, I am still working on my Stitch Surfers for the Must Stash KAL/Month of Socks. I am about half way through the foot of the second sock. I've made a couple mistakes and they are kinda wonky but I really like them.


I also, this weekend, started another baby cardi in Hawthorne. This time in the Sunnyside colorway.


No comments:

Post a Comment