Friday, May 30, 2014

Still Stashing!

Thought I would jump in and show off some of the packages I received in the mail this week. And share my plans for it at this point.

I got a great deal on some worsted superwash wool from Webs last week. It's their label Valley Yarns Dana. It was just $2.39 for 50g ball, so I got enough in green, blue, and pink to do a baby sweater each. But it could easily be used for hats, blankets, etc. It's really soft yarn! The pink is planned for a Marian Shrug for one of the little girls in my life, probably for Christmas. Not sure what the others will become but they will be for my little boys. Something matching with Rowan (4) in blue and Miles (2) in green. These are their standard colors. When we get them anything the same, R gets a blue one and M gets green.

Yesterday I got a special package from the UK. I've bought some Juno Fibre Arts before but I haven't made anything with it yet. But I am really attracted to her color sense. She does muted tonals and interesting color combinations. I got a skein of Alice in Rasin (on the left) which is Alpaca, Silk, and Cashmere and is super yummy soft! Plus a sock weight skein of Toughie Buffy which is BFL and Nylon in the Magic Colorway (on the right). The Alice is going to be a shawl of some type and of course the Buffy will be socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment