Thursday, July 17, 2014

Living at Camping

We spent the weekend camping again. My kids are asking to go constantly and my 4 year old asked my husband if we could live at camping. They have been having a great summer, which is awesome because I only remember being utterly bored during the summer. And couldn't wait for school to start. We spend this weekend at Navarro Mills Lake which is only an hour away from home. It's got a great sandy swimming beach which made us all excited about our trip to South Padre in a couple weeks! Check out my legs in all their bit up glory. The hospital band looking thing is a bug bracelet. I guess it worked a little because I only got 1 bite this weekend!
The boys have one more trip this coming weekend. But the probably aren't going to be camping. They are going to my husband's parents at Lake Whitney for fishing with the cousins. I am sitting this one out and may end up with the house to myself! I got my last Camp Loopy package for Project #3. To the left was an extra that just fell into my cart. It's another Inversable Set by Fibernymph Dyeworks. It will probably end up as some more Stitch Surfers. I love brown and turquoise. They were my wedding colors. 

Now the yarn for Project #3 is Tosh Vintage in the Tart colorway. The prompt for Project #3 is to do an 800 yd project in your favorite color. I love all colors really, as long as they are intense. I'm not so much for pastels. But one of my favorites is a deep red. This yarn is beautiful! I am being a bit ambicious and planning on making a Rocky Coast Cardigan. This has been high in my queue for a really long time but I have never bought yarn specifically for it. I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew!

Last an update on Project #2, I flew through the skirt of the cardigan since it was mostly stockinette. I added a i-cord binding to the bottom thinking that it wouldn't roll as much. I've almost finished one sleeve. I'll to an i-cord bind off here too. So just the other sleeve to go! I was afraid I would have to finish this on vacation but it looks like I'm going to be able to wear it! It's going to be a nice swimsuit cover up.

I did finish Wolf Hall last week. I'm not sure that I loved it. I usually really like historical fiction, but maybe I've read enough about to Tudors now. I was getting a little bored, knowing already what was going to happen. I'm not sure that I am going to read the second book, Bringing Up the Bodies.

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1)

Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell, #2)

Then I read Loki's Daughter. This was a nice quick romance that also had some historical leanings but was in a completely different time and place, which I really needed.

Loki's Daughters

Continuing on the different settings, now I'm reading Love and Honor. Also historical fiction. It started out slow but I'm about half way through now and I'm enjoying it. I've always been intrigued about Russian history.

Between Love and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment