Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mosquitoes

I hope everybody had a great weekend. I sure did. We spent the holiday weekend at Lake Palestine near Tyler, TX. I barely knitted a stitch. I did a bit of cross stitching and reading though. We all had a really great time swimming and fishing. I was savagely attacked by mosquitoes though. No one else was bothered but I got, no kidding, 30 bites one night, even covered in bug spray. The next couple days were pretty miserable.
Like I said before, I didn't do much knitting this weekend. I'd come to a sticky spot in my Camp Loopy project and I haven't felt like thinking about it, so I've been procrastinating. I finally joined the 2 bodice pieces today and I should have done this days ago. Not counting overnight to block the pieces, it only took me about an hour to join and then pick up the "skirt" of the cardigan.


So instead of knitting, I've been cross stitching. I did a little work on my Once Upon a Time Sampler but mostly I did the Summer Sparkler Party that you can see at the top of my post. Both are by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I've already given it away! It was really hard, but I can always make myself another one!

I've also been working a little on my March Cottage, by Country Cottage Needleworks. I've been collecting the patterns for the other months where I can find them. The July one is really cute! I am a sucker for monthly themed stuff. But I have to finish March first. I love the little sheep and the shamrocks!
Last, I've signed up for some snail mail pen pals and such through the Ravelry group For the Love of Letters. They have monthly mail and post card swaps and you can get paired up with people to be pen pals! These are the first cards that I am sending out for the July Special Delivery swap. I'm excited about this! I feel a lot better writing to other knitters than just picking pen pals up from the other places that I've looked at.


For my reading I am still reading Wolf Hall but I should finish it today. Next may be Loki's Daughter or The Quick?

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1)

Loki's Daughters

The Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment