Thursday, April 3, 2014

Stash Update

I got some pictures of what I've received lately. So I'm going to list for you what it is, where I got it, and what I plan to do with it.

First up is Madelinetosh Tosh Sock Yarn from Jimmy Beans Wool. This was a special edition colorway just for JBW. I don't think that they have any more in the sock yarn, but it is available in other bases, I noticed Vintage specifically. I think it is destined to be a Sockhead Hat.


More sock yarn! I also got a package from the UK! This is from Juno Fibre Arts om Etsy. It's her Buffy sock base which is superwash BFL. Gorgeous yarn with subtle colors. I recently bought The Knitters Curiosity Cabinet I & II by Hunter Hammersen and this will hopefully grow up to be one of the socks from the book. I think any of them will be lovely with the subtle verigation.


The next 2 are both from Gnome Acres in her House Gnome sock base. They are both going to be socks, though I haven't decided which pattern to use yet. The first one is Lady Camo and the second is Irene Adler, which is a Sherlock reference. Both are showing sold out in the House Gnome right now. But she updates her shop every 3 weeks and it's available in other bases. I also got some more mini skeins from her and another skein of sock yarn she calls Skeinny Dunker Surprise. These are the skeins that she uses to soak up any remaining dye, so they are random colors. Mine is very verigated. It looks like Easter exploded, a lot like her Little Bunny Foo Foo colorway.


Next up is from my fallback Knit Picks. They are having a book sale so I got the Hunter Hammersen books and one other of their pattern books Illuminated Lines. Just as an add on (to get free shipping!) I got a skein of their new sock yarn Hawthorne. Again it's very subtle. I got the Nob Hill colorway which is mostly purple with a little green. Their blog says that this yarn is hand painted in 2 stages, first tonal and then multi-hued. I think I picked the most subtle of the colorways, but I haven't opened the skein up yet to see if there is more green. This will probably become another Hunter Hammersen sock.


Now we have the self stripers! First is from Julianna's on Etsy. This colorway is called North, to the Future. I loved the colors but the name got me. I had to Google it to find out, but apparently this is Alaska's motto. My husband is obsessed with Alaska, so I had to get it. I don't know if he will appreciate anything in these colors, but I'll try. I like it for myself too! Not sure what they will be yet. Maybe Partying it UP and Getting DOWN Socks by Megan Williams or maybe just plain vanilla?


Last but not least, is a skein from Simply Socks Yarn. It's their sock yarn line called Poste. The colorway is called Green Bay Pride. Now you will have to humor me for a second. I am not a Packers fan. I live in the Dallas area, I am required by law and taxes to root for the Cowboys. But, and you can tell me I'm wrong, but this looks Green and Gold to me, Sic' Em Bears. This wonderful colorway is going to be sock for my Baylor University alum step-father.


There is more!! Eeekk!

No comments:

Post a Comment